Social recruiting is a concept which is concerned with recruiting prospective candidates using social media channels and networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Axpert Jobs etc. Initially it was used to compliment traditional recruitment methods though nowadays it has taken over the traditional recruitment. Social recruitment has made it easy for the recruitment agencies and companies to effectively and efficiently find the right candidates for a job without much hassle.
For instance, on an average each person has at least 1 to 2 phones at a minimum and at least a laptop or a tablet are always connected to the internet hence there are more devices connected to the internet than the actual population on earth and people socialize more online than they do face-to-face nowadays hence social recruitment makes real-time engagement possible and allows companies to engage in a more informal way with clients which wasn’t possible and was looked down upon previously. Therefore, some of the advantages of social recruitment include the following;
- Using social recruiting, employers can reach and narrow down the prospective employees faster and at a lower cost as using social media for recruitment purposes is absolutely free as opposed to setting up job interviews, using job boards or referrals and/or recruitment agencies.
- Social recruitment allows the company to find out whether a candidate is a good cultural fit for the company or not.
- Companies can through social recruiting reach more and more passive candidates who rarely visit job boards.
- Through social recruitment some small and medium-sized company can make more people aware of the fact that they also exist in the job market and their job opportunities and hence find such a pool of candidates that they wouldn’t have been able to find if they had used traditional recruitment methods.
- Lastly, social recruitment is great for referrals and both the sides can search and find a mutual fit.
Blog Source: Axpert Jobs